Sailing at night is arguably the best and most exciting time to go sailing—especially offshore, away from the lights of the city, and with Chicago as a backdrop. There's nothing like the experience of a sailboat sliding through the water under sail at night and looking up at the sky blanketed with millions of stars illuminating the deck of the boat and the ripples on the water.
Aegir Expeditions is offering these unique night sailing adventures on Lake Michigan aboard a 48ft offshore passage making yacht. We leave from and return to Chicago’s downtown Monroe Harbor.
Join us for this truly unique experience!
Itinerary: We can customize your experience but a typical trip leaves at 10pm and returns around 2am. An earlier start would include the sun setting over Chicago. Dates around the new moon or when the moon is below the horizon are best for stargazing.
* Pricing is based on the group rate for up to 6 passengers
Stargazing Charters: (10pm – 2am) $165/person (*990)
New Moon Dates
The best nights for stargazing on Lake Michigan occur around the phases of the new moon:
- Friday, May 18th and Saturday, May 19th
- Friday, June 15th and Saturday, June 16th
- Friday, July 13th and Saturday, July 14th
- Friday, August 10th and Saturday, August 11th
- Friday, September 7th and Saturday, September 8th